Julia Schug (1879 - February 1, 1968) was the wife of Thomas E. Lorentzen, Sr. and a West Hartford resident. She was born in 1879 in East Hartford, Connecticut to Nicholas Schug and Kate Vetter.
She married Thomas E. Lorentzen, Sr. on December 31, 1906 in New York City. The couple spent their first years of their married life in New York City before moving to West Hartford in 1919. They moved with their family to 107 Lancaster Road in West Hartford in 1931.
A tragedy occurred, however, on October 23, 1931, when her eldest daughter, Lillian N. Lorentzen, was killed by a drunk driver after stepping off the trolley with her younger sister, Gertrude M. Lorentzen, on Farmington Avenue at Trout Brook in West Hartford, Connecticut. Her husband Thomas witnessed the accident.
In December 1955, her sister, Emma, died after she fell from a window at her home. In December 1956, the couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, with a party that drew relatives and friends from Long Island, New York City, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Indeed, on December 31, 1962, the couple celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary with an open house from 7 to 9 pm. On June 2, 1965, her husband Thomas died at Mount Sinai Hospital at the age of 82. Julia lived the remainder of her life in their home at 107 Lancaster Road in West Hartford. On February 1, 1968, she died at Mount Sinai Hospital, leaving her children.
- Thomas E. Lorentzen (1908-1959) - m. Dorothy Kelley
- Gertrude M. Lorentzen (1911-2002)
- John E. Lorentzen (1914-1980) - m. Mildred _____
- Lillian N. Lorentzen (1909 - 1931) - killed by a drunk driver.
- Dorothy Lorentzen (1917-1997) - m. Richard E. Tourtellotte, Sr.
- Mildred Lorentzen (--) - m. Theodore Sadler
- Norma Carol Lorentzen (1920-2013) - m. Donald W. Skinner